Saturday, January 08, 2011

This is What I Do

I haven't been very consistent in my blogging as is obvious from the amount of posts from the last several months.  I guess I just let life get in the way too easily.  I'm not going to promise that things will change, as this blog isn't one of the more exciting things in my daily life.  Sorry.

So, the past couple of months have been eventful to say the least.  First and foremost, over the Thanksgiving holiday, I was blessed with the opportunity to travel to Utah and see the girl of my dreams:

It was so much fun.  Spending time together and doing the most random things.  It really solidified my feelings and is making the whole long-distance aspect of the relationship tremendously easier.  She's awesome, nough said. 

After that, I guess the next notable part of my life would have to be my involvement with Low Key:





Fro those of you who are unaware, Low Key is a coed a capella group at James Madison University.  We are sick, no lie haha.  It's an auditioned group that sings popular music a capella.  It is all student-run, which is truly a feat when you consider the amount of work that goes into arranging and performing music.  For this year, we were featured on Best of College Acapella (BOCA) 2011.  This is a compilation CD of the best college acapella groups in the United States.  We were lucky enough (or talented enough) to be selected for the second time since the groups inception in 2001.  It really has become a family for me.  A group of likeminded individuals (and I do stress individuals) who can just have a great time singing and partying together.  I know I can trust each and every one of them.  Oogs for life baby. 

After that, probably the end of the semster, the end of finals, and the beginning of winter break (which, unfortunately, is drawing to an aprubt close).  Winter break was amazing, probably the best I've ever had.  I was so so lucky to have Kelly for a couple of weeks (now she's back in Utah :/).  I must have spent every single day with her.  We did the most random assortment of activities haha.  But it really didn't matter, just being with her made me ecstatic.  Just a few pictures of our conquests:



We spent a lovely day in DC, made delicious cupcakes, watched several movies we had promised each other to watch, worked on the piano that we're hoping to restore into a useable condition (so much fun), introduced her to family of mine, and so many other little randomocities.  All in all, it was a great break and I can't wait until summer time, when I can see her again.  We've already started making plans for it haha.

After she left, i really wasn't sure what i would do with my time.  Obviously, I was tremendously sad that she left, but luckily, I had mis amigos there to distract me.  We spent a couple nights at my place just hanging out and really doing nothing haha.  But we decided that we should take a snowboarding trip.  My apartment at school is roughly 10 minutes away from the best snowsports mountain in Virginia (not saying much, but its what we got haha).  So, we took a road trip out there and spent a couple days hitting the slopes and hanging out at my apartment.  We really had an amazing time.  We decided while down there to make it an annual trip.  Just the four of us (Matt, Nick, Allen and myself), no adding or dropping of people.  And so began the first annual Brotrip:      


Anyways,  thats about it for now.  Hopefully i'll be able to keep up with this whole deal in the future.  Not that I have many (or any to my belief) subscribers haha.  

No comments: